Sunday, July 15, 2007

Ambient Mix CD - For reflection

Storytime!

Or you can just skip past the story and grab the ambient mix at the bottom.

I apparently registered for animeforums.com at some point in the past. I don't remember doing it.

I got an email saying that I had a new private message. Weird. I checked it out. It said

Hello,

I'm new here and just wanted to say "hi" :)

Take care.

---
abigail
http://abigail.freehostia.com

Since I am a dumbass I decided to check out the website. This was about a month ago. What I found was not something that installed spyware all over my computer (I think). What I found was a bizarre webpage programmed by someone with very basic html skills. It was some sort of promotion for Buddhism, I think. It was a list of quotes from famous people, with random words as hyperlinks taking you to various websites instructing you to transcend, abandon your essence, or achieve enlightenment some way or other. Or something.

Then there were a bunch of weird surreal pictures near the bottom, a couple of them by MC Escher. Each of these pictures linked to a different mp3. They make a pretty good mix.

Here they are. It's an ambient/downbeat mix about an hour long. Named after the name of the webpage.


For reflection


The abigail.freehostia.com website isn't working anymore, but the internet archive wayback machine grabbed it before it disappeared, if you want to see it for yourself.

1 comment:

PY said...

Weird.

But I like the mix. It flows surprisingly well.