Saturday, July 14, 2007

Sigur Ros - Takk

Sigur Ros is hella Icelandic. These guys sing in their own language, man. They do what they want. One time, the guitarist used a cello bow on his guitar instead of hitting it with his hand. Except instead of one time it was every time they performed. They play by their OWN rules. Their own Icelandic rules. You couldn't understand. Bjork could though. She's Icelandic.

The album Takk... was originally going to be the soundtrack to a new hit Nickelodeon video game based on their Takk... and the Power of JuJu other video games. When Sigur Ros heard that the game was going to feature shamanism they backed out. Nickelodeon was cool with it, and told them they were sorry for not mentioning it beforehand. Sigur Ros asked if they could release the album anyway, and Nick was all, "Sure, heck, you wrote it, it's your music."

That is how it went down.

3 comments:

PY said...

I already have this album (thanks to your previous generosity), but I didn't know this story. Cool!

Man, I sure do love Sigur Ros.

Gotta say, I'm really enjoying the little patter you write before each of these.

Jordan said...

I totally made the entire second paragraph up. You can probably expect that from most of these posts.

PY said...

Yeah, I figured it wasn't entirely real. But yanno, I like to pretend.