Monday, July 9, 2007

Interpol - Our Love To Admire

In between facilitating international police cooperation as well as trying to capture Lupin the third Interpol managed to put out a couple badass albums and a couple EPs. I have no idea how they have the time to rock out what with all the criminal activity they have to stop and international policing they have to do, but somehow they do it.

About halfway through the first track, Pioneer to the Falls, I realized (as you may as well) "Oh yeah, Interpol is a sweet band. I kinda forgot just how sweet they were. Are. Now I remember."

Our Love To Admire doesn't come out until tomorrow, but heck, I love you guys so much. Here you go.



What's with those lions? What do they represent? Is that gazelle thing supposed to represent Interpol, and the lions are like whatever their personal demons are? Do they feel overwhelmed by the pressures of being rock stars as well as international policemen? Or maybe the lions are supposed to be Interpol, and the gazelle is just a gazelle, because they always wanted to be lions and they hate gazelle. I don't even know if that's a gazelle, man. That could be like some kind of deer for all I know.



Wait, I think it's an antelope.

1 comment:

PY said...

Oh heck yes. I've been wanting this! And yanno, I recently read this review in the Observer Music Monthly, in which Interpol was described: "With their cadaverous good looks and three-piece suits -- think a firm of undertakers with a PhD in goth -- the New York band dressed differently from the Iggy-worshipping children of the New Rock Revolution." I've always liked the group, but as with most bands, I don't actually pay much attention to who they are or what they look like. But this quite strikes my fancy. I ought to go look at them.

Anyway, good album! None of the songs particularly stood out on the first listen, but it was really strong overall. I think Antics is still my favorite, and this new one was a bit samey, but it was sharp and wry and had some great tunes. Thanks very much!

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's an antelope.